Join the team for the #ChangeBegins 100 for $100.
#GivingTuesday is the largest day of global giving of the year. This year it falls on November 27th. (The Tuesday after Thanksgiving.)
At Hand in Hand we have always believed that small changes add up, and that if you change parenting, you really can change the world we live in.
This year we are looking for 100 who will each commit to running their own small fundraiser of $100 for Hand in Hand. We will walk you through each step of the way to make it easy–we know it's a crazy busy time of year for parents.
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- On the Select Nonprofit pop-up, choose Hand in Hand Parenting.
- On the Let's start with the basics section, under How much money do you want to raise, enter 100 (or more!) if you like.
- In the box for When should your fundraiser end? Choose Nov, 27, 2018. (That's giving Tuesday.)
- Click Create
- The title of your fundraiser can be “#ChangeBegins 100 for $100 Fundraiser for Hand in Hand Parenting” or you can choose a title that will work well for your community.
- Under Why are you raising money? you could include your own thoughts or something like:
“I believe when you change parenting, you change the world. That's why I'm raising money for Hand in Hand Parenting.Will you join me? Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Hand in Hand uses every dollar to help parents raise the next generation with more calm, patience, understanding, and respect. Thank you for your support. I've included information about Hand in Hand Parenting below.
https://www.handinhandparenting.org/article/replay-using-hand-hand-parenting-tools-highly-stressed-families/Hand in Hand supports parents with the simple, powerful tools needed to build close, healthy connections in the family. Recent research shows that regardless of background, a close parent-child connection throughout childhood and beyond is the strongest factor in preventing a variety of health and social problems, including young people’s involvement in drugs, violence, and unintended pregnancies and in helping reduce the long-term effects of childhood traumas large and small.
- Choose an image of yourself and your family or use one of the images provided below.
- Send us an email letting us know about your fundraiser!
You can click here for an example on Facebook. Your brand new fundraiser will look something like this:
Add this link (or a favorite of your own) to the Comments section of your fundraiser: How Do Hand in Hand Parenting’s Programs Support Families in Vulnerable Communities?
You might like to add these images for your Facebook Cover. You'll find images for facebook posts below:
Images for posts on your fundraiser: