Parenting has always been challenging, and after months of lock down and homeschooling, you may feel like you are at the end of your rope. Now is the time to call in the troops and get some Tools to help you manage whatever the fall may bring. Join Instructors Kathy Gordon and Summer Sheldon for 6 weeks of coaching, support and Listening Time.
Your family can thrive during this time as you learn:
- The five tools needed to raise a happy, well-rounded child.
- The common causes of emotional upset and its benefits.
- Why your child throws tantrums and how you can respond to them.
- How your child’s emotions work and why you might be seeing more upset during this time.
- How to heal your child’s fears and increase their capacity to learn How to help an angry child become playful and compassionate.
The structure of the class is:
- an hour of weekly instructional videos and reading – on your schedule focus on one Tool each week to build your confidence and mastery.
- a weekly 90 minute small group support call during the call you can ask questions, get coaching and get your own emotional support through built-in Listening Time
$350 pp / $600 couple sliding scale and payment plans available upon request.
Contact Kathy Gordon to register: email@example.com
Kathy is the single adoptive Mom of a 16 yr old son and is passionate about working with parents whose children may have experienced early trauma.
What parents and educators say about Kathy:
“Taking a parenting class with Kathy was for me, the best decision a first time mother could have made! I've learned how to connect deeply with my 2 year old, and to face, with confidence, the everyday challenges that comes with a raising a young child”. – Karine, Los Angeles Mom
“Kathy has really supported the parenting community at our school to understand, even more deeply, how to go about Parenting by Connection. She is a wealth of knowledge and parents always leave feeling like they have actual tools, not just theories. She is willing to really listen to the needs of parents. We hope to continue learning from her!” – Lena Garcia, Teacher and Curriculum Coordinator, The Knowing Garden Community Elementary School
Summer Sheldon lives in rural Oregon with her husband, three kiddos, a dog, two bunnies and a very fat hamster. She started using Hand in Hand tools with her children in 2010 when she saw Patty speak at a conference and was struck by the idea of learning to LISTEN to her child's emotions instead of just shutting them down. Her kids were toddlers then and she appreciates how transformative has been to use the tools as they have grown up and started into the teen years.
Summer is especially grateful for the confidence Parenting by Connection has given her to heal her children's hurts and to forge strong connections with them. Her passion is passing that confidence on to other parents and watching them transform their families. She especially loves working with families with special needs, sibling rivalry, and trauma. She has a background in working as an educator and with the special needs community. She is currently working towards her Masters in Counseling. You can listen to her talk with instructor Kathy Gordon here about how to help your aggressive kiddo. https://www.handinhandparenting.org/article/lashes-out-recording/
You can reach her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Event Category:
Online Parenting Classes
Calendar of All Events