Could you use some extra support in your parenting journey? With the six-week Starter Class, you can build new support for yourself while learning tools that, week by week, will bring more connection, peace, and even some laughter in your and your family's daily life.
Join Susan Derby, MSW, a certified Hand in Hand instructor, who will facilitate a weekly small group support session (over Zoom video) every Wednesday, starting at 11am Pacific time. Between class sessions, you will watch videos and readings by Hand in Hand Parenting founder Patty Wipfler that will help you learn how to utilize connection and listening tools in your home.
Through the weekly sessions and online videos and materials, you will learn:
* Six highly effective tools in raising happy, cooperative children.
* Why children's behavior can so often go off-track and how to respond.
* What to do about tantrums and meltdowns…and perhaps your own big feelings.
* The reasons children become fearful, aggressive, or non-cooperative.
* Concrete ways you can use play to respond to unworkable behavior and/or simply to bring in more connection into your family's lives.
* Why it's so important to incorporate “emotional nutrition” into your child's life…and how to do so.
* Strategies for gaining support for yourself. After all, we parents and caregivers need our own emotional fuel in order to support our emotion-filled kids!
Susan Derby, MSW, has been a certified instructor of Hand in Hand Parenting since 2013. A social worker, Susan lives in Ventura, California, with her husband and two daughters who have graduated toddlerhood; they are now 6 and 13.
For more about Susan, please see her bio here: https://www.handinhandparenting.org/instructor/susan-derby/
Connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParentingByConnectionSusanDerby