Emotional and behavioral issues are of real concern for increasing numbers of families. Evidence shows that when stress is high for either the child or the parent, good support is helpful for both. This program will help you hit new breakthroughs in your sessions, and provide a child's entire care team with useful, actionable information they can use to grow and move forward.
- Learn a paradigm-shifting approach on how emotions function and how they can be responded to in order to shift challenging behaviors, increase connection and encourage growth.
- Begin using five concrete trauma-responsive caregiving and peer-support tools that attend to both the emotional needs of adults and the children in their care, buffer children against hard times, and disrupt the transmission of trauma to the next generation.
- Join discussions and discourse on developmental theory, with a focus on practical and experiential application.
- Learn tools that strengthen the social-emotional foundation necessary for children's growth, learning and recovery from old hurts.
- Increase your confidence in responding to children’s emotions and behaviors.
- Attend small group mentoring with 90-minute weekly meetings online led by a Hand in Hand Instructor.
- Gain expertise in the approach as you introduce and practice the tools in your own family and with those you work with
Session options usually include
- Mondays 5:30 pm Pacific / 8:30 pm Eastern.
- Thursdays 6:30 am Pacific / 9:30 am Eastern.
- Thursdays 9:30 am Pacific / 12:30 Eastern.
- Fridays 11:00 am Pacific / 2:00 pm Eastern.
To join the waitlist for the 2024 sessions in January, April, and September, please add your information here