- This event has passed.
Hand in Hand Parenting Starter Class with Lara Zane
Six Mondays beginning April 17 (no class May 1), 12:00 PM Pacific, 3:00 PM Eastern, 8:00 PM GMT$347
Do you ever wish that your child had arrived with a ‘how to parent me’ manual?
Are there sticky situations that crop up again and again?
Or have you entered a whole new stage with new challenges that you’re not sure how to navigate?
Do you sometimes (or often) find yourself feeling like you’re the only one dealing with challenges like this?
For over 30 years, Hand in Hand Parenting has been supporting parents to understand their children's behaviour and build deeply connected relationships that last a lifetime. We know that every family is unique and that with sufficient support each parent can figure out what will work best in their specific situation.
The five Listening Tools that we share are easy to learn and yet hugely effective. They have transformed lives around the world, helping parents to connect deeply with their children, bring more play and joy into their lives and support the development of emotional resilience in the whole family.
Joining a Starter Class allows you to explore the Hand in Hand approach within a small group of like-minded parents, guided by a certified instructor. This class is led by Lara Zane who is a mum to two school aged kids based in London. She writes,
“In my own parenting I’ve discovered that this connection based approach is a real game-changer, enabling me to help my kids to work through their tough times, and helping me to build both the skills and the emotional support I need to show up confidently in my parenting and beyond. This approach made such a difference in my life that I trained to become an instructor and, since then, have been hugely privileged to have supported hundreds of parents to bring real and lasting shifts in their families through my classes, workshops, writing (eg https://www.handinhandparenting.org/2022/05/emotional-first-aid/) and via the Tales from the Toolbox Podcast which I present alongside an international team of instructors. (https://anchor.fm/talesfromthetoolbox)”
Over this six week course, Lara will support you to explore the Hand in Hand approach, use it to make the changes you want for your family and become more confident in your parenting. Every week you'll meet over Zoom in a small and cosy group to take a look at one of the Hand in Hand tools in detail and answer your questions to help you with whatever's going on in your home right now.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a much better understanding of what drives your child’s behaviour.
- Understand all five tools that make up the Hand in Hand Parenting approach.
- Know how to help your kids move through the hard times and recover from old hurts.
- Develop new ways to have fun and play together.
- Feel much more confident about setting warm limits in a way that builds co-operation and connection long-term.
- Be carefully listened to in a safe and emotionally supportive space, allowing you to find the best way forward for you and your family.
- Have plenty of opportunities to ask questions about how to use these tools with whatever situation you are facing right now.
- Meet like-minded parents and discover a community of others who ‘get you’.
- Learn the skills to set up Listening Partnerships with other parents that will enrich your life for many years to come.
Here's what parents have said about what it's been like to work with Lara:
“I've really enjoyed the Hand in Hand Parenting classes with Lara. She is warm and kind, creating a lovely safe space in the group to listen and share. I am learning a lot about myself and my children and the parenting techniques Lara teaches us have been eye opening and empowering. The weekly classes have been an oasis of calm and the zoom format works really well. It is so reassuring to know that you aren't alone in your parenting challenges and that there's support out there.”
“The course in general and working with you in particular has been amazing. It is completely changing the way I parent and look at the role of being a parent. You create a kind, empathetic and respectful environment within which we can all explore the demands and frustrations, and equip us with the tools to deal with these in a gentler and more playful manner. I have found it to be a moving and powerful thing to be a part of, and can’t thank you enough for the gift you offer.”
“Attending Lara's Hand in Hand parenting course has been a total life-changer for me. It has given me back a sense of confidence in my parenting, helping me to regain feelings of joy in my interactions with my twin boys. Lara's sensitive, non-judgmental approach has allowed me to gently unfold my fears and worries around being a Mum. She offers a safe, supportive environment in which to share and learn. I am bowled over by the simple yet very effective tools taught on this course and I love that it is underpinned by brain science.”
The course costs £260 which includes:
- Weekly zoom calls of 1.5-2 hours (depending on numbers) in which Lara explains the key concepts around each tool, answers your questions and provides opportunities for you to develop Listening Partnership skills in a pair and as part of a whole group.
- Membership of a small community of other parents on this course (maximum 6 participants). Having this safe space to share openly and be there for each other is a hugely powerful benefit to joining a class and you can stay in touch and continue to support each other long after the course has finished.
- A dedicated WhatsApp group for questions and help as we go along.
- Lifetime access to an online classroom with excellent videos and reading material to support your learning by Patty Wipfler, Hand in Hand Parenting’s inspirational founder.
Payment plans are available and Lara offers one bursary per course.
The course is on Mondays at 8pm UK / 3pm EDT / 12 noon PDT on the following dates: 20, 27 March, 3, 10, 17, 24 April.
If you are in the USA, please note that the timing of the first session will be an hour later at 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT due to clock changes on different dates in the UK and USA. For other countries, please check the timing of these first few sessions.
Find out more about Lara here https://www.handinhandparnting.org/instructor/lara-zane or listen to the Tales from the Toolbox Podcast here https://anchor.fm/talesfromthetoolbox to get a really good feel for who she is and how this approach can support you and your family.
If you have questions, or are ready to book, please get in touch at [email protected]