An 8-Week Course for All Professionals Working with Children and Families;
Therapists, Coaches, Health and Wellness Professionals, and people interested in using these Tools in their workplace or community.
Emotional and behavioral issues are of real concern for increasing numbers of families. Evidence shows that when stress is high for either the child or the parent, good support is helpful for both. This program will help you hit new breakthroughs in your sessions, and provide a child's entire care team with useful, actionable information they can use to repair, grow and move forward.
- Learn a paradigm-shifting approach on how emotions function and how they can be responded to in order to shift challenging behaviors, increase connection and encourage growth.
- Begin using five concrete trauma-responsive caregiving and peer-support tools that attend to both the emotional needs of adults and the children in their care, to buffer children against hard times, and disrupt the transmission of trauma to the next generation.
- Join discussions and discourse of developmental theory, with a focus on practical and experiential application.
- Learn tools that strengthen the social-emotional foundation necessary for children's growth, learning and healing from old hurts.
- Increase your confidence in responding to children’s emotions and behaviors.
- Attend small group mentoring with 90-minute weekly meetings online led by a Hand in Hand Instructor.
- Gain expertise in the approach as you introduce and practice the tools in your own family and with those you work with.
- Small-group mentoring with an experienced Hand in Hand Instructor via a weekly zoom.
- A portion of each mentoring session is devoted to your specific questions and experience.
- An online classroom with self-guided materials to fuel discussion and sharing of ideas in the weekly mentoring sessions.
- All participants will also have full access to the videos and written materials from our Hand in Hand Parenting Starter Class, including the Parent Handbook.
Rich learning will take place as you spend several hours weekly practicing new skills with the parents and children in your family and profession. You may want to begin thinking about scheduling regular time with a child to deepen your learning experience.
Additional educational materials and research will be made available to match your particular interests and client needs.
Total weekly time commitment of 4 – 6 hours per week.
**Please note that this session will be affected by global time changes and will remain consistent with US time changes that happen on November 5th
NEED SCHOLARSHIP SUPPORT?
We may have scholarship spots available. Please complete this form to let us know you're interested.
Hand in Hand Parenting Professionals Intensive Information Packet