Each session will be 1.5 – 2 hours depending on the number of participants. Session length will be decided in advance of the course starting.
How do we get our children to stop unworkable behaviour and gain the cooperation and connection we and they need?
Come and join a friendly and nourishing three week Zoom course centred on the Hand in Hand tool of Setting limits.
Using Setting Limits as the main focus, this course will also cover all five Hand in Hand tools: Staylistening, Playlistening, Special Time, Listening Partnerships and Setting Limits.
This small group course will be based on the Hand in Hand self-guided course on Setting Limits and Building Cooperation.
It can function both as an introduction for beginners to Hand in Hand, and also as a refresher to those who have done a Hand in Hand course before. Each of the three sessions will be adapted as far as possible to suit the needs of the group.
What it involves:
– Life-time access to the videos and materials on the course (including all of Hand in Hand’s signature booklets)
– Prior to each of the 3 sessions you have 1 – 1.5 hours worth of material to watch and read
– We will meet fortnightly to allow you enough time to work through the material and try things out
– During each session, we will discuss the material you have watched and read, answer questions, discuss particular scenarios from your experience with your children, and have listening time.
– There will be a dedicated What’s App group for questions and support while you put the tools into practice during each fortnight.
– It will be a super-supportive environment for you to receive the nourishment, input and support you need as a parent.
– After the course ends, there will be the option for ongoing group sessions around specific themes and going into greater depth.
Here is what a previous starter class participant said:
“You were so generous with your time, so warm and engaging throughout. You have a beautiful presence and a clear passion for it and I think that’s what made the course so successful. You made it such a safe and lovely environment. Thank you so much for all the energy and warmth you brought to it!”
By the end of the course you will:
– Better understand what drives your child’s behaviour
– Respond to their emotions and behaviour in an effective way that builds their well-being
– Address difficult behaviour with calm, loving limits
– Use play to build your bond with your child and to deal with difficulties
– Have concrete ways to build your connection with your child
– Know how to increase well-being, joy and cooperation in your family.
Here is what Hand in Hand say about the Setting Limits and Building Cooperation Class:
“The aim of the class is to help you reshape your relationship with your child by learning to set limits in a way that builds cooperation and maintains a close connection. We’ll give you new insights into what’s going on when children are off-track, why common interventions don’t help, and how you can step in effectively and constructively. We’ll also explore actions you can take at other times to help your child become more easygoing, connected and flexible.”
Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions.