Updated: May 22, 2018
Hand in Hand Parenting (“Hand in Hand”) believes in protecting your privacy and making sure you have a positive experience on our website and in using our products or services (“Products”). This policy covers the Hand in Hand websites handinhandparenting.org and handinhandmembers.org and is applicable worldwide.
If you live in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Products:
- Email address
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- Facebook profile information (when you use Facebook our Facebook groups)
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, such as in surveys
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Products:
- Account registration
- Use of online classrooms
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Placing transactions or orders
- Registering to attend a free talk, teleseminar, Facebook Live, or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Products
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your registrations with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Products and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Products
- Providing you with information and offers from us
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your orders and deliver the Products that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- To keep you up to date on the latest newsletters, blog posts, local events, podcasts, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Products
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers
- To personalize marketing communications and content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To meet contract or legal obligations
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Hand in Hand. But please note that you may be unable to access certain options, and services if they require Personal Data that you choose not to provide. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can “Unsubscribe” from any emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us”.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to you.
Please contact us to make any of the following requests:
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data..
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a digital format.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Hand in Hand’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
Hand in Hand and our third-party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Products, using methods such as cookies. Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website and/or Products.
In addition, when you use some of our Products, network information is transmitted back to us such as Product usage information. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with our Products, to assist us with improving our Products, and to correct any problems that may occur.
Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell, share, or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We share Personal Data within Hand in Hand, and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We collect and possibly share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Security of your Personal Data
Hand in Hand is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
Linked websites and third-party services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our Products are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Hand in Hand Parenting and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Products or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
Standard Contractual Clauses
In certain cases, Hand in Hand may transfer Personal Data from the EU in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request the address below.
Hand in Hand Parenting
Attention: Privacy Officer
555 Waverley Street, Suite #25
Palo Alto, CA 94301