A Guest Post with Roma Norriss
How can you keep connected to your children as they get older?
In this video, Roma talks about the value of listening to your tween and teen when they offload, and why this one transformational tool is so wonderful for keeping children close as they get older and begin to move away from the family unit.
As our children grow, they often don’t come to you with issues or cry as often as younger children, and so we need to watch for the moments they begin to open up.
Listen as Roma talks about:
- Making space for older children to dump out their feelings
- Allowing a child’s feelings rather than reasoning
- Why we don’t need to teach when they offload
- How we can help our bigger kids feel connected
- What we can do when they get personal about us
Watch Roma’s video on Staylistening and Making Space for Your Older Child’s Feelings
Work with Roma
Roma Norriss is a Hand in Hand Parenting instructor based in the UK.
Check out the new class for parents of 9 to 13 year olds, Staying Close to Your Tween.