What goes hand in hand with holiday gifting? Toys and more toys.
This week we’re asking how you feel about toys, what decisions you make around holiday request lists, and how you can keep them in check, plus why we can all expect some meltdowns over toys in the holidays.
On the episode, you'll hear about:
- Overwhelm – theirs and yours – and what you can do to overcome it
- Envies and jealousies
- Getting clear on what toys mean to you and why
- Expectations and appreciations: Why your child might find it hard to say thanks
- Making room, clearing out, cutting down, and giving to others
If you've ever felt overwhelmed on how much to give or how much is coming into your house at this time of year, here's a chance to mull over what you love – and might want to lose – about seasonal giving traditions.
Listen to Too Many Toys?
More Resources about Kids, Limits and Toys
- Read: Toys often cause big feelings for kids – especially when they can't have something they want, or feel like they chose the wrong plaything. Here's how one mom's trip to the store with her son ended in tears, and some positive steps she learned following.
- Watch: Hand in Hand instructor Anna Cole reads about the time her son got violent in public when she refused to buy him what he asked for, and the strategies she used to handle his outburst calmly.
- 40% off Listen: Get over 100 real stories like Anna's of parents using the Hand in Hand approach to parenting in our book Listen: Five Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges. When you use “holiday2018” at checkout you'll get the e-book at 40% off. Show me how to get Listen on sale. (Offer good until December 31).