You may have heard about how your tenacious, persistent, negotiating go-getter is developing the skills he or she needs to be a great leader in the future, but daily parenting a strong-willed child can feel like an uphill battle. All those constant requests, desires, energy and power play is a lot!
This week Abigail and Elle weigh in on why parenting a strong-willed child can feel so demanding and draining, and how you can raise your strong-willed child without so many power struggles or need to break that mighty spirit!
On this week's podcast, Parenting the Strong-willed child:
- How an agenda is the last thing that will help
- How to harness your child's enthusiasm, desire and power
- Why these kids can also be super sensitive
- Learn how to dance between limits and freedom
- What to do if you disapprove of your child's nature and how to develop a mindset that helps improve things
Listen to Parenting The Strong-willed Child now.
You might also like:
Setting limits with a strong-willed child can feel really hard – yet they do really need those limits. This article shows how you can hold a limit with a child without breaking them – and comes with a free checklist.
If parenting feels too hard you might find yourself yelling. Here's 15 ways you can stop shouting at your kids
For daily support from instructors, plus regular Q&A call-ins with them and our founder Patty Wipfler, join the Parent Club.