Where does the need to be competitive come from and why does it rub us parents up the wrong way? This week Abigail and Elle respond to one mom about her son's competitive streak.
On Help! My Kid Keeps Bragging we talk about:
- Is your child's competitive streak signalling some other need?
- Competitiveness and confidence
- Is competition bad, anyways?
- Why sometimes it's good to bask with your child in their glory
Figure out what's causes a child to get competitive, and get new ways to handle things when your kids start telling you “I'm first,” “I'm fastest,” “I'm best.”
Listen to the episode here:
Get More Resources for Helping Competitive Kids
- Helping Super Competitive Children Relax
- Three Ways to Help a Competitive Child
- Tools to Help Children That Need Constant Attention
The Hand in Hand 30 Parenting Challenge fundraiser that we mention at the end of the podcast is now finished.