Mom overwhelm is a real thing. Here’s how we handle it
You sink down on the rug in tears and wonder how you can ever keep going. Then you see your daughter’s abandoned stuffie under the sofa, next to an overdue library book, so you scoop them out, tuck them on the shelf, shove your hair in a bun, and get started with the laundry.
What happened to your tears? You discarded them like your daughter did her stuffie.
Welcome to mom overwhelm.
Mom overwhelm is the science of feeling crushed by the weight of life and living it anyway!
This week, we’re making space for overwhelm and talking about the ways we can bust through it.
If you feel like a cog in a wheel of making breakfast and answering email and rushing to activities and getting laundry done and finding lost library books and washing bodies and reading story books and wait, when did you last really see your partner?
Quick Smart Tips to Conquer Your Mom Overwhelm
Today we talk turning that overwhelm around…
- Why is overwhelm like eating a really hot curry
- Why modern life creates a perfect environment for overwhelm to flourish
- How to cultivate walk away moments
- Why you need to listen to warnings as whispers and see if they grow loud
- How redefining your mom role can create space and recognition
- Why urgent and important are not the same thing
- How to go to bed feeling happier you moved the needle
find your tribe
School’s out and so are we
Summer enrolment for the Parent Club is closing soon. Check out our special summer offer…before it’s gone
We’d love to hear about your parenting challenges. You can follow Hand in Hand on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to drop Elle and Abigail a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get weekly tips, ideas, and inspiration for your parenting in our newsletter