This class is FREE when you join the Hand in Hand Parent Club
Proven tools to set healthy limits in a way that connects you and your child and fosters cooperation in your family, for parents of toddlers, preschoolers, and young children.
A limit set gently and with love is a gift that builds connection. Video-based materials full of helpful examples like this one:
“I really feel as though this class is changing our family and our lives. Loving, practical, and clear, the videos offer concrete examples of what to say, how to say it, and what tone to use, which was so helpful for me to understand what to expect when trying these tools. I enjoyed parenting this week. I am not exhausted. Thank you!” ~Stephanie Abhrams, South Portland, ME
Are power struggles with your child leaving you annoyed or exhausted? Are you wondering why your child just can’t seem to listen? Are your own frustrations spilling over at home?
Every child has off-track moments—refusing to brush his teeth, being rough with the family pet, ignoring instructions, pestering a sibling. We at Hand in Hand know that, with conventional limit-setting techniques, these kinds of smaller difficulties can sometimes escalate into mounting stress on all sides.
Whether you’re simply seeking fresh ideas, or you and your child are locked in a mystifying struggle, our self-paced tutorial provide the insights and strategies you’re seeking.
Our approach isn’t based on rewards, punishments, natural consequences, bribes, or distraction. And we don’t advocate permissiveness. Instead, we’ll share proven ways to set warm, firm limits in a way that connects you and your child and fosters cooperation in your family.
Instant online access includes:
- Three targeted weeks of video instruction from Hand in Hand Founder, Patty Wipfler, divided into 10-15 minute segments for easy retention ($240 value).
- Full 9 e-booklet Listening to Children set, including; Listening Partnerships for Parents, How Children’s Emotions Work, Special Time, Reaching for your Angry Child, Crying, Healing Children’s Fears, and more. (A $24 value)
- Immediate access to these transformative videos and reading materials, available to you any time, day or night (priceless).
We'll cover these topics and more:
- How children signal for help
- Common causes and triggers for off-track behavior
- Three steps to setting effective limits
- Why conventional discipline methods don’t work for long
- Why a sense of connection is so vital to your child
- The importance of emotional support for yourself
“Patty Wipfler really clarifies what’s going on when children get caught up in doing something hurtful or unsafe. This course gives parents a deep sense of assurance and an understanding of the most helpful actions to take.”
Sadie Van Gelder, Certified Instructor
You’ll attend the course through an online classroom you can log into from anywhere.
The classroom hosts a series of video segments, like the one above, and additional reading to support your exploration of a closer, warmer, more cooperative relationship with your child and a better support system for yourself.
We’ve arranged our topics to cover the most foundational, vital actions right in Class 1. There’s homework to do after each class. You may see good results as quickly as after Homework 1.
Other topics include:
- Creating a balance between “Yes” and “No”
- Building cooperation with the Generous Yes
- Building connection with a Warm, Attentive No
- How to set limits playfully
- How to handle your own emotional moments
- Understanding your child’s repeated need for limits
You can expect the course to take you from three to six weeks to complete.
You won’t want to rush through; each class will open the door to positive experiences for you and for your child. We look forward to helping you on your journey to greater connection and cooperation in your family.