Does your child know how much you love them?
Like, how much you'd do anything for them love them?
If you find yourself dishing out ultimatums, caught up in stand offs and power struggles or just plain confused by your child's challenging behavior often, parenting starts to feel like a daily struggle. Your relationship with increasingly becomes strained.
And though you know you love each other, tense moments drive a wedge that results in more ultimatums, more stand offs, more power struggles.
It doesn't have to be that way.
You can have many days where you really feel the love you have for your child, where you delight in their company and where they, in turn, feel the deep sure warmth of your love for them.
As Patty Wipfler, Co-author of the book Listen, and founder of Hand in Hand Parenting says in this video, “Children function at their best when they feel connected.”
When kids feel connected, they get on with people better, they are lighter and more easygoing, they want to please, learn and do well.
That sunny attitude makes the work of parenting easier and more joyful more often.
And when you can connect often, you also get to know your children on a deep level. Why is this so essential? Well, not only do you get to see what delights them and make them happy, you also get to learn what triggers their fears and upsets.
As Patty says, “It's like learning to know your child from the inside out.”
So how can you nurture more of these sweet, loving moments? How can you influence your child's sense of connection in a regular way?
It's easier than you'd think.
Watch as Patty describes how to connect in an impossibly simple way.
The good news? It doesn't cost you anything except your time and attention, and we're talking minutes, not hours.
This explains why this parenting tool is called Special Time.
If you want more sweetness and connection, try it today.
- 0:45 – Why children do better when they feel connected, and what you can expect to see.
- 1:40 – Why this tool is an optimal delivery system to show your child how much you love and care, in a way that powerfully connects you and your child.
- 2:50 – How to start using Special Time to bring transformation to your family.
- 4:10 – Noticing how your child receives your attention, and how to set limits around their requests if you need to.
- 6:50 – Deciding how much time you can schedule and the benefits of regular time spent connecting.
- 7:25 – Showing up as a loving parent versus taking on a teacher role, and why it's essential to let your child take the lead.
- 11:30 – Learn about a tutor who saw increased focus and enthusiasm from her students when she started giving Special Time.
- 12:10 – How Special Time helps you learn more about your child's feelings, interests, issues and experiences.
- 12:45 – The story of a mother of 8 and how she used this tool after a long day of work to connect and settle them before bed, and Patty's sweet story about how her son asked to connect through Special Time on the weekend he went to university.
Click Here to Watch Now
Start Using Special Time Today
If you want less fighting and more understanding with your children, you can start using this tool today.This guide will help you get started right now.
Learn All Five Hand In Hand Tools
And you can get the full Hand in Hand Parenting framework in Patty's book Listen, available now. The book explains all five tools, how connection links them, and is vital for healthy relationships with our children, and the real stories of hundreds of parents using the tools. Find out where to buy your copy.